- This event has passed.
YOGA FOUNDATIONS-10 ( 8/20, 8/21, 8/27 , 8/28)
August 20, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm EDT$30 – $50
“Yoga Foundations-10” is a holistic yoga workshop for young kids and adults to lay a solid foundation for
yoga, including asana (postures), pranayama (breathing), dhyana (meditation) and gyana (knowledge).
This allows one to prepare for a daily yoga practice and equips with tools to handle stressful situations at
school, work and life.
Schedule for this online virtual workshop:
Day 1 & 2 : June 20 & 21: Sat & Sun: 10am – 12:30pm CT (small break)
Day 3 & 4: June 27 and 28: Sat & Sun 10am– 12:30pm CT (small break)
30$ for Individual and 50$ for family. All proceeds go to Ekam USA
“Yoga Foundations” workshop includes:
• Postures training: Sun Salutations, Sun Salutation flow, Balancing, Spine strengthening and
• Posture clinics: Individual and group practice for proper technique and alignment
• Pranayama: Ujjayi (victorious breath), Anulom Viloma (alternate nostril breathing) and Kapalbhati
• Meditation: Guided and mindful meditation
• Knowledge: Core Patanjali yoga sutras, including 8 limbs of Yoga.
• Bonus: advanced postures and introduction to bandhas (locks)
• Yoga Dance Flow expression: Performing Yoga postures sequenced to beautiful songs.
About the Instructor
Srini is a certified Yoga teacher, participated in USA Yoga 2017 national championship and regularly conducts classes and camps. Srini got trained in Yoga from several yoga schools such as Shivananda, Bikram, Art of Living, EkaShriSchoolsOfYoga and Isha.
Srini Gurrapu, VP, Products & Design @ Claris, a division of Apple, with a background of start ups involving internet, security, virtualization, mobile, cloud and AI – with companies such as Skyhigh Networks, BlueCoat (Symantec), Neoteris, Actiance (Marsh), Microsoft,Bell Labs, Austin ventures